You’ve probably seen status badges peppered into the README files of repos or buried somewhere in company wiki documents. They look like this:
These badges can convey important information, like application uptime, CI build states, open issues, and code coverage.
Here's how to add them to your team's dashboard.
- Many CI and code quality services offer badges directly, but you can also use the excellent Shields.io project to find the ones that are applicable to your stack.
- Copy the markdown of the badge image to your clipboard
- Visit your team settings and click through to the "Badges" section
- Paste the markdown into the form and hit "Save". At that point you'll see the badge displayed on the edit page and also on your team dashboard.
- Rinse and repeat with other badges
Here's some example markdown for badges:
And here are the generated badges: